Medicare Supplement Insurance
A Medicare Supplement Insurance policy (also known as Medigap insurance) can help you manage your health care expenses, so you can stay within your budget and remain on-track to meet your financial goals. When choosing a company to work with, consider that MassMutual has more than 160 years of experience in helping people protect what matters most.
Get the assistance you need to help cover what Medicare won’t pay.
Medicare is designed to help provide coverage for health care costs, but it doesn’t cover everything. Some of these “gaps” in coverage include:
- Miscellaneous hospital costs, such as private rooms or in-room TV or phone
- Personal care services, unless you’re homebound and receiving skilled nursing care
- Non-emergency services, such as copies of X-rays and/or non-emergency medical transportation
- Long-term care such as nursing homes, assisted living facilities, and adult day care
- Routine dental and vision care, hearing exams and hearing aids, and foot care
- Any health care received outside the U.S., such as on vacation
Without private insurance, you’ll have to pay for these items out of your own pocket.
How to manage health care costs without depleting your budget.
Medicare Supplement Insurance coverage can help you:
- Better manage your health care expenses
- Pay out-of-pocket costs for Medicare-approved services
- Stay within your household budget
Preparing for unexpected medical expenses can provide great comfort, knowing that you won’t put your savings at risk. With a Medicare Supplement Insurance policy, you won’t have to deal with health networks that restrict your health care options. You can choose the doctors and health care providers of your choice, including specialists and health facilities.
Get the facts you need from a company you can trust.
Before you purchase any Medicare Supplement Insurance policy, make sure you have plenty of information about what the coverage includes, so you can choose the plan that best fits your specific needs.
All Medicare Supplement Insurance policies include the following benefits:
- 30-day review period. Once you receive your policy, you have 30 days to review it. If for any reason you wish to return it within that 30-day period, you’ll get a full refund of any premiums you paid.
- 12-month rate guarantee. Your rates are guaranteed not to increase for the first year of the policy, as long as the premiums are paid on time.
- Renewal guarantee. On-time payment of premiums guarantees that we’ll never reduce your benefits or cancel your coverage for the life of the policy.
Freedom to choose
Under any Medicare Supplement Insurance policy, you can use the physicians, specialists, and facilities you already trust for your health care — and see them directly, with no pre-certification or pre-approval necessary.
Since you’re not required to choose from a network of health care providers, your coverage is completely transferable — if you move, you can take your coverage with you.
Why choose MassMutual?
Medicare Supplement Insurance plans are standardized and must follow stringent guidelines and regulations. So how do you decide which company to get one from?
Look for a company with a long history, solid reputation, and strong financial ratings. For example, MassMutual has been helping people secure their financial future and protect what matters most since 1851.
MassMutual has the experience, the people, and the products to help you determine your goals and create a solid strategy to achieve them. Our focus is always on your goals and how we can help you get there.
Call 800-430-6735 to speak with a MassMutual Medicare Supplement Insurance representative, with no obligation.
*Ratings apply to Massachusetts Mutual Life Insurance Company and its subsidiaries, C.M. Life Insurance Company and MML Bay State Life Insurance Company. Ratings are as of [10/11/2017] and are subject to change.
MassMutual’s Medicare Supplement Insurance (MM-MSA0001, MM-MSB0002, MM-MSC0003, MM-MSF0004, MM-MSG0005, and MM-MSN0006) is issued by Massachusetts Mutual Life Insurance Company, Springfield, MA 01111-0001. All policies not available in all states. Not connected with or endorsed by the U.S. or state government, Social Security, or Federal Medicare Program.
This insurance has exclusions, limitations, and reductions. An outline of coverage is available upon request. For costs and complete details of coverage, please contact MassMutual at 888-540-5613.
THIS IS A LIMITED POLICY DESIGNED TO COVER ONLY THOSE EXPENSES WHICH MEDICARE DOES NOT COVER.
This is a solicitation of insurance and by contacting us, you consent to receive phone calls from a licensed agent.
The Guide to Health Insurance for People with Medicare is also available from your state Department of Insurance of the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services.
In some states, if you receive Medicare benefits due to a disability, you may apply for a Medicare Supplement Insurance policy regardless of your age (in MD, Plans A and F).
Insurance products issued by Massachusetts Mutual Life Insurance Company (MassMutual), 1295 State Street, Springfield, MA 01111-0001 and its subsidiaries C.M. Life Insurance Company and MML Bay State Life Insurance Company, 100 Bright Meadow Boulevard, Enfield, CT 06082.