Knowledge is key to a successful financial future. Ronald Scott’s background, experience and commitment to providing you with the resources you need to make financial decisions can help make your financial future as successful as you need it to be. He prides himself in getting to know each client so that he can understand their individual needs and what matters most to them. This helps him recommend products and strategies designed to meet his clients’ current needs, and more importantly, their future needs.
As a well-trained Financial Planner and Agency Director with MassMutual Metro New York, Ronald has the knowledge needed to assist clients with their financial plans and help them meet their long-term financial goals.
He works closely with his clients and can also work with you. He will assist you as you:
- Define your personal financial goals;
- Develop a written plan that can help you achieve these goals;
- Allocate your assets based on your own tolerance for risk and your time-frame;
- Implement your strategy with products and services that help meet your needs. Of course, you are free to implement your plan at the financial institution of your choice.
Ronald began his financial planning practice in 2002. A graduate of Polytechnic University of NY and Pace University, he is also a member of prestigious organizations such as the Financial Planning Association (FPA), National Association of Insurance & Financial Advisors (NAIFA), and has also achieved the following designations:
- Certified Financial Planner ™ professional (CFP® Board of Standards)
- Chartered Financial Consultant (ChFC – The American College)
- Chartered Life Underwriter (CLU – The American College)
- Certified in Long Term Care (CLTC – The Corporation for Long Term Care Certification)
He is committed to building long-term relationships with his clients, and helping them reach their goals is his number one priority. Drawing on his knowledge, know-how, experience and world-class planning tools, Ronald helps build financial freedom for his clients.
He can also help you achieve these goals:
- Asset Allocation. How your money is invested should reflect who you are – how you feel toward risk and what time-frame you’ve set for your goals. He can help you customize your portfolio to complement these factors.
- Asset protection. We all work hard for our money, and protecting our assets – both the tangible (a home protected from fire) and non-tangible – (tax and inflation erosion or litigation) is important to a financial plan. After all, you’ve built your nest egg – you should do all you can to keep it.
- Business continuation and preservation. For business owners, partners and majority stock holders, what happens to a business as the result of the retirement, disability or death of a key employee, owner or partner can mean the business healthily continues or that the business is subject to hard times or, in the worst cases, a distressed sale or closure. Protecting a business with effective solutions now can mean a continued future.
- Gifting strategies. Gifting is not the only away to philanthropically aid your favorite charities or provide for a loved one – it can also be a way to reduce the tax bite, both now and when your estate is to be settled.**
- Higher education goals for your children. For many parents, a child's future is of utmost importance. Beginning to fund higher education sooner than later – and doing it with the right tools and investments – can help make all the difference in the world.
- Preserving estates from substantial Federal estate taxation. Some estates are subject to excessive Federal estate taxation. There are ways you can preserve most of your estate for your heirs – not Uncle Sam.**
- Protecting your survivors. In addition to preserving your estate from Federal estate taxes, you may also be concerned about those who are dependent on you. There are solutions to this need. Continuing the protection of your survivors can be achieved with proper planning techniques.
- Retirement income goals. We’ve all heard the statistics. People are living longer and are enjoying retirement for many more years than ever before. Making sure those years are enjoyable is a goal of many. Making sure not to outlive an income is a financial goal of many more.
- Tax reduction strategies. Taxes, it seems, are inevitable. However, there are measures that can help lessen your tax burden. For instance, tax deferred or tax-exempt investments that will keep more money in your portfolio and less in the hands of the government.**
- Access to trust Strategies. A carefully drafted trust agreement can help people avoid substantial estate tax liability, can be established for the benefit of a charity, can allow an individual access to income and principal, and more. A trust may be just the tool you need when implementing your financial plan. I can work with your lawyer to determine whether a trust will be suitable to help you meet your goals. **
- Wealth accumulation. Accumulating assets and doing so in the most effective manner for growth while minimizing taxes, is a financial goal for many individuals.
At MassMutual Metro New York, Ronald has access to a wide variety of financial services professionals, including insurance, investment, business, trust and other professionals. He will work closely with you and your own advisors, such as your attorney or accountant, with one set of goals in mind - yours.
Ronald C. Scott is a registered principal of and offers securities, investment advisory and financial planning through MML Investors Services, LLC. Member SIPC [www.SIPC.org] OSJ: One Penn Plaza 250 West 34th street, Suite 2035 New York, NY 10119 (212) 736-2001
**Of course, you should always contact your tax advisor for more complete information as to how any tax strategy or plan will impact your specific situation. MassMutual does not offer tax or legal advice.
Area(s) of Focus
- Insurance Strategies
- Investment Strategies