With a focus on “The Amazing World,” 15 speakers to discuss a
variety of topics related to the physical, virtual and future world
- DATE: Friday, October 13, 2017
- TIME: 8:30 a.m. to 3:00 p.m.
- LOCATION: MassMutual, 1295 State Street, Springfield, Mass.
- Free registration through September 15
SPRINGFIELD, Mass., September 7, 2017 — TEDxSpringfield is back for the sixth consecutive year to bring “ideas worth spreading” to the Springfield area.
This year’s event will be held Friday, October 13, from 8:30 a.m. to 3 p.m., at Massachusetts Mutual Life Insurance’s (MassMutual) 1295 State Street headquarters, and carries the theme “The Amazing World,” which will focus on the physical world around us, the virtual worlds that increasingly surround us and visions of what to expect in our future world.
TEDx is a program of local, self-organized events that bring people together to share a TED-like experience. At a TEDx event, TED Talks video and live speakers combine to spark deep discussion and connection.
Among this year’s 15 speakers:
- Kay Simpson, Director of The Amazing World of Dr. Seuss Museum in Springfield
- Paul Hake, CEO of HitPoint Inc., an independent game studio
- Annie Lynch Stevenson, professional vocalist, guitarist, songwriter, performer, and music educator who directs the Community Music School of Springfield's original youth singing groups Voices and Senior Voices
- Evey Cormican, airline captain
- Larry Snyder, Director of all cybersecurity and computer science degrees at Bay Path University
“We are very excited to host this year’s outstanding group of speakers, who represent a tremendous cross section of diversity, knowledge and experiences,” said Hugh Barrett, MassMutual State Government Relations and one of the leaders of the 2017 TEDxSpringfield event. “We believe those attending TEDxSpringfield will benefit tremendously from the intellectual capital that will be with us; where smart people will be discussing big ideas.”
Registration for this free event is open through Thursday, September 15. As TEDx events are designed to be intimate gathers that provoke discussion and promote connection, seating for the event is limited and only a portion of applicants will be selected to attend.
For more information on this year’s TEDxSpringfield, and to register, please visit: TEDxSpringfield.com.