Captures ContactCenterWorld Awards for Fifth Consecutive Year for Ongoing Commitment and Improvement of the Customer Experience
(Springfield, MA) - Massachusetts Mutual Life Insurance Company (MassMutual) was awarded medals in five separate categories by ContactCenterWorld, recognizing its company-wide service centers in three categories, three individual customer service agents and an operations manager. The awards were announced May 23 at Contact Center World’s 2013 Top Ranking Performers Americas Conference in Orlando, Fla.
Out of thousands of applicants, MassMutual and its representatives were recognized as exceptional in the following areas:
• MassMutual’s call center was awarded a gold medal for overall operations in the best large, in-house Contact Center category. The winning presentation describes how the customer service representative (CSR) teams turn customer service interactions into opportunities to help people better prepare for their futures and protect the ones they love.
• Preston Little, a CSR in MassMutual’s Retirement Services call center in Memphis, Tenn., received a gold medal as best customer service professional. The young professional started in customer service when he was 16 years old in the food and beverage industry and applied for his position with MassMutual as a new college graduate. “My favorite thing about the work I do is to have the opportunity to continually learn as well as educate on a daily basis,” he explained.
• Daniel Persuitte, a CSR in MassMutual’s U. S. Insurance Group call center, was recognized with a silver medal for best customer service professional. In his presentation, he discussed his passion for customer service and shared examples of changing people’s lives through memorable experiences. “When I go above and beyond, when I exceed customers’ expectations, I can hear it in their reactions,” he said. “That is what I like best about my work.”
• A silver medal also went to MassMutual Retirement Service’s Christopher Taylor, for Best Operations Manager, who revealed how he motivates, engages and develops and prepares team members and himself to run at peak performance. Over the course of his long-standing experience in the customer service field—from working with politicians and their constituents to waiting tables and bagging groceries—he continues to take pride in making decisions in the best interest of the customer and always putting their needs first.
• Kathleen Gay received a bronze medal in recognition for her work as a customer service professional in MassMutual Retirement Services. Gay built her expertise in customer service beginning as a waitress at 16 years old. “I love that I have the opportunity and tools to make a difference and enhance the lives of our retirement plan participants,” she said.
• MassMutual’s call center was awarded a bronze medal for Best Customer Service, as a result of a presentation that described how the CSRs put their customers’ needs first, help motivate and engage employees, leverage technology enhancements and help the organization reach its future strategic vision.
“I am incredibly proud of our customer service professionals for earning these well-deserved accolades,” said Roger Putnam, senior vice president and chief operating officer, MassMutual’s U.S. Insurance Group Operations. “To be recognized as a premier contact center across so many industries – for the fifth year in a row – is proof of our laser focus on our customers and policyowners.”
“MassMutual’s outstanding customer service teams are helping us reshape the customer experience to drive deeper participant education and engagement,” said Michael McKenzie, senior vice president of operations for MassMutual’s Retirement Services. “We firmly believe that when participants understand the outcomes of their actions and take greater responsibility for their futures, it can go a long way towards motivating them to get – and stay – on track and achieve successful retirements.”
All of the recipients of the ContactCenterWorld recognition expressed satisfaction that their success reflects on and adds to the excellence of MassMutual’s call centers. “I hear customers now and then take the time to say not only that they received great service on our call, but also that they usually get such good service from MassMutual that we really stand out,” summed up Persuitte, “It’s great to be recognized for my efforts, but when that yields a benefit to the perception of the company that I represent, that is rewarding, also.”
Founded in 1851, MassMutual is a leading mutual life insurance company that is run for the benefit of its members and participating policyowners. The company has a long history of financial strength and strong performance, and although dividends are not guaranteed, MassMutual has paid dividends to eligible participating policyowners consistently since the 1860s. With whole life insurance as its foundation, MassMutual provides products to help meet the financial needs of clients, such as life insurance, disability income insurance, long term care insurance, retirement/401(k) plan services, and annuities. In addition, the company’s strong and growing network of financial professionals helps clients make good financial decisions for the long-term.
MassMutual Financial Group is a marketing name for Massachusetts Mutual Life Insurance Company (MassMutual) and its affiliated companies and sales representatives. MassMutual is headquartered in Springfield, Massachusetts and its major affiliates include: Babson Capital Management LLC; Baring Asset Management Limited; Cornerstone Real Estate Advisers LLC; The First Mercantile Trust Company; MassMutual International LLC; MML Investors Services, LLC, Member FINRA and SIPC; OppenheimerFunds, Inc.; and The MassMutual Trust Company, FSB.