Across the country, the MassMutual Foundation builds partnerships and collaborations with like-minded organizations and institutions that share our vision for thriving communities. While promoting a holistic approach to help families and neighborhoods thrive, we recognize our ability to support the development of social and financial capital based on our business expertise and resources.
That’s why we’ve launched the Live Mutual Project, our signature program built upon the power of partnerships and designed to increase financial strength from within. The Live Mutual Project brings together existing community resources to help people reach their full potential, neighborhood by neighborhood.
We collaborate with local leaders in communities across the U.S. as well as local and national partners to build solutions designed to the specific needs of residents. We also direct two proprietary national programs to help reach this goal: FutureSmartSM and LifeBridgeSM.
As a financial services company, MassMutual supports financial education as a foundational means to fostering economic empowerment, and we believe that we’re all better off when we work together and support one another.
- Through FutureSmart℠, middle and high school students receive financial education to build strong financial futures for themselves, their families and their communities. Since 2014, more than 1 million students across the country have benefited from FutureSmart℠ through a digital classroom curriculum and interactive events at National Basketball Association (NBA) affiliate arenas around the country. The goal is to provide financial education to 2 million students by 2020.
- Through LifeBridge℠, MassMutual helps eligible working parents fund their children’s education by issuing $50,000 10-year term life insurance policies at no cost to them. As of 2018, we have issued more than 14,000 policies, which is over $700 million in coverage.
In support of our signature programs and target geographies, the MassMutual Foundation invests in a curated portfolio that includes:
- Outcomes-focused programs that drive positive behavior change and help build individuals’ and families’ financial capabilities
- Approaches to removing persistent barriers to financial well-being with new solutions and unique perspectives
- Leadership development and capacity building of local organizations driving system-wide change in target communities
- All-sector collaboration that leverage partners’ strengths to offer holistic support to communities
- Strengthening and expanding networks that encourage inclusive and supportive communities
- Data-driven problem solving and results that improve economic opportunity
We also support anchor institutions in our communities that promote vibrant destinations to live, learn, and work. Anchor institutions considered for funding enhance economic opportunity by building a successful education ecosystem and strengthening economic development.