MassMutual’s 1L Diversity Clerkship Program is designed to offer Law Clerks the opportunity to enhance their resumes, as well as provide networking and other opportunities intended to position the Law Clerks for 2L summer employment at top law firms. MassMutual’s long-term goal is to form lasting relationships with its Law Clerks that extend well beyond the 1L summer, and to continue mentoring Law Clerks throughout their legal careers.
During the summer, Law Clerks will be:
- Assigned challenging work across the various practice areas impacting a Fortune 100 Company (including Dispute Resolution, Corporate Law, Insurance, Broker/Dealer, Corporate Compliance, Tax, Employment, Corporate Governance and Government Relations);
- Provided with opportunities to engage with MassMutual’s General Counsel and leadership from each practice area within the Law Department;
- Assisted in obtaining 2L summer associate law firm positions, through resume reviews, mock interviews and recommendations, where appropriate;
- Offered networking and developmental opportunities; and
- Provided regular performance feedback from assigning attorneys that will contribute to professional development.
Our 1L Diversity Clerkship Program is a paid internship which includes subsidized temporary housing during the program.