A lot relies on your income – perhaps even more than you think. If the unexpected happens – you become too sick or hurt to work – would your savings or the disability benefits you receive through your employer be adequate?
Individual disability income insurance helps protect a portion of your income and provides financial protection if you become disabled for an extended period of time. Anyone who depends on their income to pay the bills or maintain their lifestyle should consider disability income insurance protection.
Key Features of Disability Income Insurance
- Helps protect a portion of your earned income to help maintain your current lifestyle.*
- Can complement existing disability benefit coverage that may be available to you.
- Fully portable. You own the policy and can take it with you throughout your career.
- Benefits are usually tax free.**
- Flexible solutions for various income levels.
* This policy has exclusions and limitations. For costs and complete details of coverage call your agent or MassMutual at 1-800-272-2216 for a referral to an agent.
** The information provided is not written or intended as tax or legal advice and may not be relied on for purposes of avoiding any Federal tax penalties. MassMutual, its employees and representatives are not authorized to give tax or legal advice. Individuals are encouraged to seek advice from their own tax or legal counsel.