MassMutual values actuaries and their key leadership role in helping MassMutual achieve its strategic goals. The Actuarial Student Program provides you with all the benefits needed to not only successfully pass actuarial exams but to prepare you for leadership roles throughout the organization. The rotational program exposes actuarial students to a broad breadth of experiences as well as technical and industry knowledge. Actuarial students have an opportunity to spend 24 months in one of the following 5 business and corporate units: US Insurance Group, Retirement Services, MassMutual International, Corporate Finance and Babson Capital Management.
While on rotation students will receive the following training and support:
- Mentors: A senior actuarial leader is assigned to each student to provide career guidance, development, coaching and support.
- Rotations: Expose students to a breadth of experiences as well as technical and industrial knowledge.
- Lunch & Learns: Networking lunch and learns enable actuarial students to interact with senior leaders at MassMutual including the President, & CEO, CFO and Chief Actuary.
- Actuarial Forums: Internal education forums on a variety of topics including industry issues, line of business initiatives, major projects and many more topics.
- Corporate Learning and Development Programs: Develop leadership competencies in areas such as interpersonal relations, business acumen, etc.
- External Seminars & Meetings: Attending actuarial seminars and meetings is encouraged to enhance professional growth.
MassMutual has one of the top Actuarial Student Programs with participants receiving competitive compensation and benefits, reimbursement for exam fees, study materials and prep classes. They will also be paid for exam preparation. Bonuses and salary increases can be earned based on work performance, exam completion and advancement in professional designation.
Job Responsibilities & Requirements
- BA/BS with a quantitative focus (i.e., Mathematics, Actuarial, Finance, Economics or related major)
- Cumulative GPA of 3.2 or higher (3.5 or higher preferred)
- Commitment to pursue Fellowship in Society of Actuaries
- Completion of 1 or more actuarial exams (desired but not required)
- Strong computer skills (e.g., Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Access)
- Solid analytical skills
- Strong communication and relationship building skills
- Ability to work independently and manage multiple projects
- Demonstration of MassMutual’s Winning Ways; Act With Integrity, Focus on the Customer, Value People, Work Collaboratively and Achieve Results
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without sponsorship
If you are interested in applying for MassMutual’s Actuarial Student Program, please view current opportunities and apply online.
Insurance products issued by Massachusetts Mutual Life Insurance Company (MassMutual), 1295 State Street, Springfield, MA 01111-0001 and its subsidiaries C.M. Life Insurance Company and MML Bay State Life Insurance Company, 100 Bright Meadow Boulevard, Enfield, CT 06082.